A charitable organisation was disposing of apartments located within a supported housing scheme in Coventry. The charity intended to put the apartments up for sale once they had secured a longer leasehold interest. Umbrella were employed to protect them and part of the remit was to ensure that the apartments were fit and proper to attract the best possible guardians by way of making sure that the finishes were up to a high standard including overseeing the replacement of carpet/vinyl floor coverings, testing the heating system and gas and electric safety tests. We carried out vetting to a high standard and guardians employed at the local Jaguar Land Rover plant occupied the apartments until the charity retook possession.
What did Umbrella Guardians do?
- We carried out a full clean of the property
- We carried out health and safety works
- We oversaw the improvement works to the apartments
- We carried out enabling works to ensure comfortable occupation for guardians
- We recruited suitable guardians from our database
- We carried out regular inspections and reported any findings to the clients
- We handed the apartments back to the client on time in a better condition than handed to us